Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blurry Photos & Back to School

Blogging would work much better if I started posting regularly, wouldn't it? So let's see how it goes.

I've been busy lately trying out Etsy. Opened the shop at the end of June and already sold a few things. It's much, much more time intensive than it looks, though. Mostly, it's the pictures. Because you get things set up and snap dozens of photos, and you think you're done, but then you upload them and they've all come out like this:

Ooops. Went through two batches of pictures like that before I realized I'd had the camera set for distance photos instead of close-ups. But I've gotten the hang of it since then, thankfully. So here's some of what I've got up on Etsy now, with more to come soon.






I've also been working on a back to school display for the entryway over the last few days, and I've finally called it done.

What was I saying about getting the hang of photos? ;-) (The camera was on close up instead of distance that time!) Actual decent photos now:


Featuring a vintage school desk and chair and a large standing classroom abacus, among other things.


A close up of the desk.


One of my favorite parts is the shoe-tying toy with the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe. Though I'm not sure it was wise to give kids a big chunky wood toy good for hitting each other with. ;-)


I'm starting to get more interested in old books. Here are three Bobbsy Twins hardcovers, and a 1920s copy of Tales from Shakespeare, along with some vintage flash cards.


A cute little push-cart full of blocks.


The window, with vintage Strawberry Shortcake lunch box, some wooden apples for teacher, and some science-y equipment.


I love this old labratory box, likely for a microscope.


On the left, a copy of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution, an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe puzzle, and a little chalkboard. To the right, a handmade hanging chalkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment